AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Abdominal Wall Hernia Repair- Open, Laparoscopic and Robot-assisted techniques, including complex and recurrent hernias.
- Gastrointestinal Surgery- Laparoscopic and Open Colectomy, Cholecystectomy, Appendectomy, Anti-reflux Surgery, Laparoscopic Intra-abdominal Scar Release Surgery.
- High Risk, Benign and Malignant Breast Conditions:
Initial evaluation of high breast cancer risk patients. Management and treatment of breast pain, nipple discharge, breast masses and image-detected lesions. Surgical management of breast cancer including: Breast-conserving lumpectomy, skin-sparing and nipple-sparing mastectomy and Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy. Coordination of breast reconstruction at the time of mastectomy.
- Trained and Certified Console Surgeon on da Vinci® Single-Site™, Intuitive Surgical®, Sunnyvale, CA
- Trained and Certified Console Surgeon on da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System and EndoWrist®, Intuitive Surgical®, Sunnyvale, CA
- Attending General Surgeon, Overlake Hospital Medical Center, Bellevue, WA
- Attending General Surgeon, Swedish Issaquah Medical Center, Issaquah, WA
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Internship and Residency: General Surgery, Baystate Medical Center, Western Campus of Tufts U. School of Med. Springfield, MA (Level 1 Trauma Center, Comprehensive Breast Center)
- Outside Rotations:
-General Surgery, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
-Colorectal Surgery, The Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA
-Plastic Surgery, Rancho Los AmigosHospital/USC, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical Degree: MD, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts
- Undergraduate Degree: BS, Biology, Cum Laude, University of CA, Los Angeles
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Breast Surgeons
During her sabbatical year in 2010, she performed surgeries at Kijabe, Kenya as a short-term medical missionary for one month, travelled to France and Italy, and took oil-painting classes.