Dr. Kim has been practicing in the greater Seattle area for the past 15 years, and at Overlake Hospital Medical Center since 2003. Board certified by the American College of Surgeons, she has a special interest in Breast Surgery, Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgery. In and out of the operating room, Dr. Kim places emphasis on meticulous surgical technique and offers the most advanced minimally invasive approaches wherever applicable, while caring for the patient as a whole in the context of their other medical conditions.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Abdominal Wall Hernia Repair- Open, Laparoscopic and Robot-assisted techniques, including complex and recurrent hernias.
- Gastrointestinal Surgery- Laparoscopic and Open Colectomy, Cholecystectomy, Appendectomy, Anti-reflux Surgery, Laparoscopic Intra-abdominal Scar Release Surgery.
- High Risk, Benign and Malignant Breast Conditions:
Initial evaluation of high breast cancer risk patients. Management and treatment of breast pain, nipple discharge, breast masses and image-detected lesions. Surgical management of breast cancer including: Breast-conserving lumpectomy, skin-sparing and nipple-sparing mastectomy and Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy. Coordination of breast reconstruction at the time of mastectomy.
- Trained and Certified Console Surgeon on da Vinci® Single-Site™, Intuitive Surgical®, Sunnyvale, CA
- Trained and Certified Console Surgeon on da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System and EndoWrist®, Intuitive Surgical®, Sunnyvale, CA
- Attending General Surgeon, Overlake Hospital Medical Center, Bellevue, WA
- Attending General Surgeon, Swedish Issaquah Medical Center, Issaquah, WA
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Internship and Residency: General Surgery, Baystate Medical Center, Western Campus of Tufts U. School of Med. Springfield, MA (Level 1 Trauma Center, Comprehensive Breast Center)
- Outside Rotations:
-General Surgery, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
-Colorectal Surgery, The Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA
-Plastic Surgery, Rancho Los AmigosHospital/USC, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical Degree: MD, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts
- Undergraduate Degree: BS, Biology, Cum Laude, University of CA, Los Angeles
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Breast Surgeons
During her sabbatical year in 2010, she performed surgeries at Kijabe, Kenya as a short-term medical missionary for one month, travelled to France and Italy, and took oil-painting classes.